group of U of M Students in front of a windmill in Spain

Multi-U Programs


    Credit and Affiliation

    Multi-U programs are affiliated programs. UMTC students receive resident credit for short-term programs and transfer credit for semester/academic year programs. Your grades for resident credit programs count toward your University of Minnesota GPA, and each course appears on your transcript. More information can be found on the Academic Policies page.

    Finding Course Information

    Some program websites offer short course descriptions, while others offer full syllabi.  For course descriptions and syllabi, visit the program pages for UofM-DuluthUofM-Morris, or UofM-Crookston programs.


    Estimated Cost

    Visit the program pages for UofM-DuluthUofM-Morris, or UofM-Crookston for program fees and budget estimates.  

    When reviewing costs for your program, budget for additional expenses not included in your program fee, such as airfare, meals, books, and travel documents. See Financial Resources for tips about comparing costs.

    Cancellation policy

    Before you apply to or confirm your participation on this program, review the Learning Abroad Center's cancellation policy to inform yourself of the timeline and financial obligations for canceling. You are responsible for the cancellation/refund policy of the affiliated program if their cancellation policy exceeds that of the Learning Abroad Center.

    Financial Aid & Scholarships

    Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad. In addition, University of Minnesota students are eligible for more than $900,000 in study abroad scholarships. Visit the financial resources web page for additional information on using financial aid and scholarships for study abroad.

    Learn more about how financial aid, scholarships, and billing works for UMTC students participating in a Multi-U program.


    Visit the program pages for UofM-DuluthUofM-Morris, or UofM-Crookston programs for application deadlines, program dates, and information about orientation times and locations.


    For questions about credit transfer, billing, pre-departure orientation, the application process, and other considerations specific to University of Minnesota students, contact Erica Qualheim at the Learning Abroad Center.

    For program-specific questions about courses, housing, on-site support, travel, and application materials, contact UofM-DuluthUofM-Morris, or UofM-Crookston directly.