The Learning Abroad Center’s Study Abroad Scholarship provides awards for Non-University of Minnesota undergraduate students going on eligible Learning Abroad Center credit-bearing programs. This scholarship is intended to:
This scholarship is not need or merit based, and awards are granted on the strength of a student’s essay.
- Open to Non University of Minnesota Students participating on eligible Learning Abroad Center Programs
- Open to University of Minnesota coordinate campus students (not including Twin Cities and Rochester students) on a LAC open enrollment program
- Must be enrolled as degree-seeking undergraduate student at your home institution
- Must have already applied to a University of Minnesota study abroad program
- Must have already been issued a University of Minnesota ID number
Applications will be evaluated based on how:
thoroughly you answer the specific question outlined below
well written your essay is, in terms of grammar, punctuation and organization
- What motivated you to select your particular study abroad program? Address any academic, career, and/or personal goals that were part of your decision, and expand on one or more of them. (350 words maximum)
- “Academic” goals do not need to be related to your major; we are looking for you to describe how the program coursework and/or components are relevant to your goals.
- Regardless of what type of goal(s) you are focusing on, explain how your goal(s) enhances intellectual learning.
*Visit the Learning Abroad Center Scholarship Portal to learn more about specific essay questions and requirements.
|Term of Study||Year||Deadline |
||April 12, 2017
Applications must be received by the Learning Abroad Center by 4 p.m. on the deadline date.
University-wide Study Abroad Scholarship money is distributed based on the following formula:
|1 in 3
|1 in 3
How to submit your application
- Check the scholarship deadlines for the term you are studying abroad.
- Begin filling out your scholarship application and essay and submit via the Learning Abroad Center Online Scholarship Portal.
- Submit application by 4 p.m. on the application deadline date.