Learning Abroad Center

Contact Us

Send Us a Message

12 + 7 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

In Case of Emergency

Contact the Learning Abroad Center at 612.626.9000 at any time. After business hours, a message at that number provides instructions for contacting our staff.

We are in contact with our study abroad sites around the world. The Learning Abroad Center has someone on call to deal with emergencies and can contact on-site staff if needed.

Contact Information

Phone & Email

Our main office line (612.626.9000) is answered Monday–Thursday 10 a.m.–3 p.m. Email us or leave a voicemail anytime, and we will respond during regular business hours


First Step sessions are offered online, and program selection advising appointments are offered in-person or virtually.


Learning Abroad Center (map)
University of Minnesota
230 Heller Hall
271 19th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Phone: 612.626.9000
Email: [email protected]

Learning Abroad Center Contacts

Related Offices

  • Global Programs and Strategy Alliance (GPS Alliance)
    Staff work closely with global programs and centers in colleges and departments on the Twin Cities, Crookston, Duluth, and Morris campuses.
  • International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)
  • ISSS, located in 190 Humphrey Center, is dedicated to assisting international students and scholars in successfully accomplishing the goals that brought them to the University.
  • Institute for Global Studies (IGS)
    The Institute for Global Studies, in the College of Liberal Arts, has offices in 214 Social Sciences. The mission of IGS is to internationalize the undergraduate and graduate curricula in significant ways.
  • Off-Campus Study in the US
    Colleges and universities offer many off-campus study programs within the United States. Contact the Center for Community-Engaged Learning, 240 Appleby Hall, 612.626.2044.

Other UofM Campuses

If you attend any of the University of Minnesota campuses, most of the programs are open to you. Many coordinate campuses have their own study abroad programs as well. Contact your study abroad office for more details.