Things to Know about Financing Your Experience Abroad
- Participants pay a program fee instead of on-campus tuition and fees for the term they are abroad.
- Several scholarships and fee reductions are available.
- Most financial aid can be used for credit-bearing study abroad options endorsed by the UofM, and every student is eligible for some type of financial aid- it depends on which type you are willing to accept.
- Don’t rule out need based aid. Many students who think they don't qualify for need based aid actually do. Even if you have not received financial aid in the past, you should consider applying for financial aid for the year in which you plan to go abroad.
- If you don't have a program picked out yet but want to start planning early, take advantage of the University's online financial wellness resources for budgeting, student loans, and more, or schedule a financial wellness counseling appointment.
Learn more about how to finance your experience abroad by checking out these helpful resources
You CAN Afford to Study Abroad Info Session
At this popular info session, you'll get an overview and tools that will help you choose an affordable program and apply for scholarships & financial aid—all important parts of making your dream of studying abroad a reality. Contact Thuy Doan with questions.
Advance registration is required.
If you are not able to attend either session above, you can watch a recording of the webinar from a previous semester. You will need to provide your name, email, and UofM Internet ID to access the video.