Things to Know about Financing Your Experience Abroad
- Participants pay a program fee instead of on-campus tuition and fees for the term they are abroad.
- Several scholarships and fee reductions are available.
- Most financial aid can be used for credit-bearing study abroad options endorsed by the UofM, and all students are eligible for some type of financial aid.
- Even if you have not received financial aid in the past, you should consider applying for financial aid for the year in which you plan to go abroad.
- Don’t rule out needs-based aid. Many students who think they don't qualify for needs-based aid actually do.
- If you don't have a program picked out yet, take advantage of the University's online financial wellness resources for budgeting, student loans, and more, or schedule a financial wellness counseling appointment.
Learn More about How to Finance Your Experience Abroad
You CAN Afford to Study Abroad Info Session
Advance registration is required to attend.
If you are unable to attend the live session, or wish to review the information early, you may access the Zoom recording of a previous session from September 2021 (login and UMN email may be required).
At this popular info session, you'll get an overview and tools that will help you choose an affordable program and apply for scholarships & financial aid—all important parts of making your dream of studying abroad a reality. Contact Thuy Doan with questions.