Global Leaders Internship
The Global Leaders Internship is designed exclusively for learning abroad past participants to spread the word about international experiences. By participating in the Global Leaders Internship, you will not only contribute to the growth of international education but also further develop personally and professionally.
“The internship is an opportunity to be part of the study abroad community on campus, provides excellent professional development skills, and has helped me become more confident in articulating my study abroad experience and public speaking skills through the classroom visits.”
“You meet a lot of amazing people; both students and faculty. It is a wonderful way to learn how to use your study abroad experience to your advantage in the workplace. In addition to that, you get to visit a lot of different classrooms on campus and get to know more students and faculty that way.”
“It’s a fun internship, and you’re well looked after by your supervisors. It felt like a group that you would go on a Study Abroad trip with, and I can say that most of the students in the internship felt the same way.”
The position is for one semester and requires 20 service hours total during throughout the semester. Those hours include the following:
- Attend required weekly meetings on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00pm (50%)
- Completion of eight, 5-minute classroom presentations (20%)
- Contribute to a project team through outreach and research on the study abroad process (20%)
- One-on-one supervisor check-ins (5%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
Professional Development Opportunities
- Exposure to the field of international education
- Build a community of professional contacts
- Be a part of a study abroad student community on campus
- Further develop cross-cultural skills learned abroad
- Articulate the value of your experience abroad and learn how to utilize it for your future
- Market research experience
- Practice public speaking and delivery of study abroad experience
- Headshots for professional use
Global Leader Interns will be provided a stipend for 20 hours, at $10 per hour, to be paid at the end of the semester.
- 2.5 GPA minimum
- Availability to attend all required weekly meetings on Tuesdays from 4:00 pm- 5:00 pm
- Current University of Minnesota- Twin Cities student enrolled in 6 or more credits
- Participation in a credit-bearing program
- Preferred - participation in a Learning Abroad Center or affiliated program
Information on Spring 2022 application forthcoming.
Contact [email protected] with questions.