Fall 2017 Meeting
Study and Internship Abroad Opportunities for Undergraduate Students
Thursday, October 26, 2017
402 Walter Library, East Bank
The Learning Abroad Center continues to develop credit-bearing internships abroad that assist students in gaining professional skills and experience in an international setting. We look to communicate not only the many intern abroad opportunities and their value, but also clarify the process of doing an internship through a Learning Abroad Center program.
Common questions from students include:
- What types of internships are available?
- Can I take classes and do an internship?
- Do I get paid for interning abroad?
- How do I apply and how does the placement process work?
- What if I don’t like my placement? What type of assistance is available on-site?
- How do internships abroad compare to internships in the US?
- Do students develop skills specifically related to their career when doing internships abroad?
- How do US employers view internships done abroad?
Learn how the Learning Abroad Center supports and prepares students for an internship abroad and the types of internships available. Following brief presentations and audience Q&A we hope participants expand their comfort level in discussing internships abroad with students. All faculty and staff are welcome to attend.
- Intern Abroad: Frequently asked questions and LAC programs offering credit-bearing internships
- Session Presentation (ppt)
- Internship by industry search:
- begin at the Learning Abroad Center home page
- select "Programs"
- select "Program Features"
- select "Internships"
- select "Internship Type"