Child Family Health International
Child Family Health International offers community-based global health education programs for health science students.
This is an affiliate, non-credit program. You will not receive any academic credit for participating in this program.
Dates vary depending on program term and year. Visit the Child Family Health International website for details.
You must complete the Learning Abroad Center application process at least 4 weeks prior to departure. Keep in mind that confirmation from the Learning Abroad Center that you have completed the University of Minnesota application may be required for eligibility for affiliate grants and scholarship. Apply early.
University of Minnesota participants pay the program fee instead of on-campus tuition and fees for the term they are abroad.
To view Child Family Health International program fees, visit the Child Family Health International website.
Billing & Payments
You will be billed for the program by the affiliate and pay them directly. Your UofM student account will be billed only for CISI insurance.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
You will not be eligible for financial aid for participating in this program because it does not award academic credit.
Before you apply to or confirm your participation on this program, review the Learning Abroad Center's Cancellation Policy to inform yourself of the timeline and financial obligations for canceling
Complete pre-application advising.
To complete the online application for this program, you will need to select or provide the following information on the online application:
You will be charged a $50 application fee for each application you submit.
After you submit your application, you will receive an email notification confirming that your application was received. Submitted applications are assigned an application checklist, which will include the following items:
Submit to the Learning Abroad Center:
- Copy of acceptance letter from affiliate
- University of Minnesota Release and Waiver form
- Upon submitting the online application, you will receive an automated email message indicating your application was received.
- Follow the instructions on your application checklist to submit all of the items. Your application is not considered complete until all items on your application checklist are either received or waived.
- Complete the affiliate program's application requirements as applicable.
- Your completed application is reviewed by our program team. If nominated for participation, the Learning Abroad Center contacts the affiliate's staff to notify them of your status.
- You will be notified of an acceptance decision by email. If accepted, you will be assigned a confirmation checklist. Log in to the online application to review the confirmation checklist and submit the required items.
- Do not pay the affiliate’s confirmation deposit. The affiliate accepts the Learning Abroad Center’s deposit as indication of confirmation. The Learning Abroad Center deposit is submitted by completing the Confirmation and Payment Agreement found on the confirmation checklist assigned to you.
- If you decide not to continue with the application process, log in to the online application and submit a Cancel Request. You must also notify your affiliate of your cancellation.
For further information or questions about this program, send an email to