||February 1, 2018
To submit program proposals go to the LAC Instructor-led Program Proposal Portal.
When creating a proposal, consider the following information:
- What is the academic content of the course and how does it relate to the chosen country?
- How will students' performance be assessed?
- What academic qualifications does the leader have in relation to course topic, international experience, language skills relevant to the chosen site, and experience teaching undergraduates and leading groups?
- What will the program itinerary look like (all possible program excursions and site/cultural visits)?
- How will you promote your program for its intended target audience?
Contact Lindsey Lahr with any questions or concerns.
Two Summer Teach Abroad Opportunities are offered each summer. The proposal is appraised based on the following criteria:
- Overall quality of proposal
- Level of departmental or collegiate support
- Leader's knowledge of academic content
- Illustrated tie between academics and use of location
- Illustrated tie between proposed course and program curricula
- Leader's expertise in location and/or leading student groups
- Strength of recruitment plan
Strong proposals address the following questions in a clear and thoughtful manner:
- What is the central academic focus or theme of the program?
- Why is the location you have chosen significant to the development of this focus or theme?
- How will you utilize the location (e.g., excursions, tours, guest lectures, local resources, etc.) to illuminate this theme?
- How does course enhance the current program curricula?
Applicants are notified of a decision approximately 6 weeks after the deadline.