|Program Type||University study program; take classes alongside British students|
|Program Level||3000 level courses|
|Courseload||16–17 credits per semester, 33 credits per Academic Year|
One semester includes a minimum of 16 credits at Queen Mary (typically four modules).
The minimum semester requirement is 60 credit units (equivalent to 16 University of Minnesota credits). Most classes (modules) carry 15 units, meaning a typical semester will include 4 classes.
For more information including dates, immigration, housing, and more, visit Queen Mary's study abroad page.
Major Advising Pages
Queen Mary offers coursework that has been identified as a strong curricular match for the following UofM degree programs and student populations:
- Biological Sciences Coursework for CBS Students
- Business & Marketing Education
- College of Science & Engineering (all majors)
- Family Social Science
- Housing Studies
- Recreation, Park and Leisure Studies
- Retail Merchandising
- Urban Studies
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional 1-credit online course that helps you process your overseas experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. The course assists you in marketing your study abroad experience for future goals, making you stand out from your peers upon return.
Benefits of Global Identity
- Gain practice marketing your international experience to future employers or graduate and professional schools, giving you a professional edge.
- Receive individualized feedback and mentoring to promote enhanced understanding of your experiences abroad.
- Maximize the return on your study abroad investment by learning how to use your experience to stand out from other students.
- Understand the value of the intercultural skill-set you acquire overseas, and how to use it upon return.
No Additional Cost
Because integrated-study programs like University Study programs provide less on-site support than other study abroad program models, Global Identity is offered at no additional cost (regular $200 tuition is waived for students on this program). Global Identity gives you the opportunity to work individually with a trained cultural mentor, helping you understand and articulate the skills you’re developing during your time abroad. Registration instructions will be sent by email by the Learning Abroad Center, or you can contact Erica Qualheim for additional information.