|Program Type||University study program; take classes alongside British students|
|Program Level||3000 level courses|
|Courseload||15–18 credits per semester; 30–35 credits for an academic year; 4.5-9 credits for summer|
Students are required to carry 50 credit units per semester (equivalent to 15 University of Minnesota credits). Most classes carry 10, 15 or 20 credits, meaning students will have between three and five classes per semester.
For more information, visit Northumbria's main study abroad page.
Northumbria offers 3-week and 6-week summer courses available to international students.
For more detailed information, visit Northumria's Summer School website.
Major Advising Pages
Northumbria University offers coursework that has been identified as a strong curricular match for the following UMN degree programs and student populations:
- Apparel Design
- Business & Marketing Education
- College of Science & Engineering (all majors)
- Graphic Design
- Human Resource Development
- Sport Management
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional 1-credit online course that helps you process your overseas experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. The course assists you in marketing your study abroad experience for future goals, making you stand out from your peers upon return.
Benefits of Global Identity
- Gain practice marketing your international experience to future employers or graduate and professional schools, giving you a professional edge.
- Receive individualized feedback and mentoring to promote enhanced understanding of your experiences abroad.
- Maximize the return on your study abroad investment by learning how to use your experience to stand out from other students.
- Understand the value of the intercultural skill-set you acquire overseas, and how to use it upon return.
No Additional Cost
Because integrated-study programs like University Study programs provide less on-site support than other study abroad program models, Global Identity is offered at no additional cost (regular $200 tuition is waived for students on this program). Global Identity gives you the opportunity to work individually with a trained cultural mentor, helping you understand and articulate the skills you’re developing during your time abroad. Registration instructions will be sent by email by the Learning Abroad Center, or you can contact Erica Qualheim for additional information.