|Program Type||University study program; take classes alongside British students|
|Program Level||3000 level courses|
|Courseload||13-18 credits per semester; 28-35 credits for an academic year|
Minimum courseload is 60 credit units per semester, equivalent to 15 University of Minnesota credits. Most classes at Glasgow carry 10, 15 or 20 credits, meaning a typical semester schedule includes between 3 and 6 classes per semester.
Other academic information, as well as program dates, housing options, special classes, etc., can be found at Glasgow's main study abroad page.
Major Advising Pages
Glasgow offers coursework that has been identified as a strong curricular match for the following majors and student populations:
- Biological Sciences
- Business & Marketing Education
- College of Science & Engineering (all majors)
- Ecology, Evolution & Behavior
- Graphic Design
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Religious Studies
- Sociology – Law, Criminology & Deviance
- Speech, Lange & Hearing Sciences
- Technical Writing & Communication
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional 1-credit online course that helps you process your overseas experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. The course assists you in marketing your study abroad experience for future goals, making you stand out from your peers upon return.
Benefits of Global Identity
- Gain practice marketing your international experience to future employers or graduate and professional schools, giving you a professional edge.
- Receive individualized feedback and mentoring to promote enhanced understanding of your experiences abroad.
- Maximize the return on your study abroad investment by learning how to use your experience to stand out from other students.
- Understand the value of the intercultural skill-set you acquire overseas, and how to use it upon return.
Because integrated-study programs like University Study programs provide less on-site support than other study abroad program models, Global Identity is offered at no additional cost (regular $200 tuition is waived for students on this program). Global Identity gives you the opportunity to work individually with a trained cultural mentor, helping you understand and articulate the skills you’re developing during your time abroad. Registration instructions will be sent by email by the Learning Abroad Center, or you can contact Erica Qualheim for additional information.