About Study & Intern in Rome
Study in the heart of Rome while experiencing the Eternal City. Further immerse yourself in the Italian culture by interning at a local company. Rome is the capital of Italy and has a thrilling history that spans 3,000 years. Renowned worldwide for art, architecture, fashion, and cuisine, it is a vibrant city with ancient and modern wonders waiting around every corner. This program integrates study tours around Rome and other areas of Italy to highlight course content.
Students with foundational skills in the visual arts and/or design can enroll in the Italian Design Studio: Blending Tradition & Innovation course.
Housing & Meals
All students receive a bus and metro pass to travel from their housing to the ACCENT Rome Center.
Live with an Italian host family, which includes breakfast and dinner Monday through Thursday.
Alternatively, you can live in furnished apartments with other study abroad students.
In addition to exploring Rome through your coursework, one study tour outside of Rome is included in the cost of the program. An example would be a visit to a local winery or olive oil producer outside of Rome, a discussion with the owners, and lunch in a local village. All courses will also integrate guest lectures and visits around Rome to highlight course content.
- Think critically about adaptive leadership within the context of academic disciplines.
- Gain awareness of the complexity of modern Italy.
- Formulate a deeper understanding of global issues through engagement with Italian and EU communities.
- Increase independence and self-reliance by learning to navigate Italian society
Faculty & Staff
On-site support is provided by ACCENT International, housed in their centrally located Rome Center in beautiful Palazzo Bennicelli (also known as Banco di Santo Spirito) on the Piazza dell'Orologio. ACCENT provides student housing, program classrooms, study areas and arranges on-site orientation, program excursions and social and cultural events. Italian and international faculty from universities in and around Rome provide all course instruction.
About the Learning Abroad Center
Learning Abroad Center programs are:
- Affordable: our programs are cost effective.
- Academically strong: many programs have strong University of Minnesota departmental support and offer pre-approved courses for many majors.
- Culturally rich: regardless of the program you choose, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Expertly managed: our staff in Minnesota and abroad are trained professionals and are always available to answer your questions from extensive pre-departure advising and online orientations to reentry programming. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and we work hard to ensure you have a rewarding and safe experience abroad.