Research Laboratory in Psychology
Spanish and English-speaking reserach placements are available. In addition to spending time at your research site, you will enroll in the accompanying Research Laboratory in Psychology course. You will have the opportunity to be involved in psychological research taking place in a laboratory, institute, medical facility or community setting. Under the direction of a research investigator, you will participate in various stages of the research process.
During the semester and summer, earn 3 credits and spend approximately 75 hours at your research placement.
Possible research placements are:
- Developmental Neurobiology - Cajal Institute
- Neuronal Engineering – HM Hospital-CINAC
- Molecular Neuropathology - Centre for Molecular Biology Severo Ochoa
- Neuroregenerative Chemistry – National Hospital for Paraplegics – Toledo
- Biomechanics and Assistive Technologies Gropu - National Hoptibal for Paragplegics - Toledo
- Sensorymotor Function – HNP & University of Castilla La Mancha
- Mental Health Counseling - López-Ibor Clinic (high level of Spanish required)
- Addiction Therapy - Foundation Institute Spiral (high level of Spanish required)
If you do not see a link out to a description of the reserach placement, it is still being devloped. See further descriptions of the placements in the Reseach Laboratory in Psychology syllabus.