About University Study in Norway: Norwegian University of Life Sciences
With approximately 3,000 students, the Norwegian University of Life Sciences offers an intimate setting for students. The university focuses specifically on biology, food, environment, land use, and natural resource management. It is located only about 30 minutes outside of Oslo. Aas offers a blend of nature and culture. Fjords, lakes, and forests surround this city that boasts a variety of cultural, shopping, and sporting activities.
Go to the At a Glance Comparison page to learn some quick facts about other Learning Abroad Center programs in Norway.
Housing & Meals
Students live in dormitories located within walking distance of campus.
The International Education Office organizes various social acitivies throughout the semester.
Students having participated in the University Study in Norway program will:
- Develop a stronger sense of confidence by engaging in a highly independent study abroad program
- Learn to appreciate diverse world views, accept complexity, and embrace ambiguity
- Experience a new culturally specific academic system and incorporate different academic perspectives
- Develop awareness of and challenge assumptions about Norwegian culture, their own culture, and how their culture is viewed by others
- Learn to function as an effective team member by appreciating and interacting with individuals different from yourself
Faculty & Staff
The International Education Office will provide your onsite support during the time you are in Norway. There are also advisers within each department who can offer advice on course selection.
About the Learning Abroad Center
Learning Abroad Center programs are:
- Affordable: our programs are cost effective.
- Academically strong: many programs have strong University of Minnesota departmental support and offer pre-approved courses for many majors.
- Culturally rich: regardless of the program you choose, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Expertly managed: our staff in Minnesota and abroad are trained professionals and are always available to answer your questions from extensive pre-departure advising and online orientations to reentry programming. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and we work hard to ensure you have a rewarding and safe experience abroad.