|Program Type||Enroll directly in classes at the Norwegian university; instruction in English by Norwegian faculty|
|Program Level||Various levels|
|Courseload||Students are required to maintain a minimum enrollment of 15 credits per semester, which is equal to 30 ECTS at the University of Bergen.|
You will choose from a variety of English-taught courses in the areas of humanities, mathematics, natural sciences, law, psychology, social sciences and the arts.
Undergraduate courses at the University of Bergen are offered at the 100–300 level. Check the prerequisites of each course to make sure you have the adequate preparation. 300 level courses are generally master's level courses, though they are occasionally open to undergraduates who have sufficient preparation in the subject area.
Each course at the University of Bergen is typically worth 10 ECTS credits, or 5 US semester credits. A typical courseload is usually 3 classes. You take a total of 30 ECTS credits, or 15 US semester credits, each semester.
Major Advising Pages
The University of Bergen offers coursework that has been identified as a strong curricular match for the following majors and student populations:
- Environmental Sciences, Policy & Management
- Fisheries, Wildlife & Conservation Biology
- German, Nordic, Slavic & Dutch
- Sociology - General
- Honors Students
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional 1-credit online course that helps you process your overseas experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. The course assists you in marketing your study abroad experience for future goals, making you stand out from your peers upon return.
Benefits of Global Identity
- Gain practice marketing your international experience to future employers or graduate and professional schools, giving you a professional edge.
- Receive individualized feedback and mentoring to promote enhanced understanding of your experiences abroad.
- Maximize the return on your study abroad investment by learning how to use your experience to stand out from other students.
- Understand the value of the intercultural skill-set you acquire overseas, and how to use it upon return.
No Additional Cost
Because integrated-study programs like University Study programs provide less on-site support than other study abroad program models, Global Identity is offered at no additional cost (regular $200 tuition is waived for students on this program). Global Identity gives you the opportunity to work individually with a trained cultural mentor, helping you understand and articulate the skills you’re developing during your time abroad. Registration instructions will be emailed out via the Learning Abroad Center, or you can contact Erica Qualheim for additional information.