Contact one of our Program Assistants to gain a peer's perspective:
Mary Kate is a Program Assistant for the Study & Intern in Madrid program. She is a senior majoring in Psychology, Public Health, and Social Justice with a minor in Spanish. She participated in the Madrid program in Spring 2018. During her semester, she interned with a human rights organization called Asociacion Ruminahui and took classes about Spanish culture and civilization. Her favorite part about her semester abroad was traveling around Spain and bonding with her professors and fellow classmates. Her advice to future students: "Get a local, cheap phone and spend the semester immersing yourself in the present moment rather than being online! Life in Spain is so full when you don't have the internet distracting you all the time."
Michael Maga is the Program Assistant for the Study & Intern in Madrid program. He is a senior majoring in Operations management and Supply Chain Operations. He was a participant on the program in Spring of 2017. While abroad he took classes from the LAC center in Madrid as well as Spanish business classes from Universidad Carlos III. His favorite thing about Madrid was being immersed in Spanish culture and being able to learn about Spanish history through art. His advice to future students: "Don't be afraid to jump into daily life in a new country. There are plenty of people from both the LAC and abroad who can help you where you need it. Even though you may be thousands of miles from home you can be set up for success anywhere."
Below is a list of other students who participated in past program sessions. They are ready and willing to answer your questions about this program. Feel free to contact them during your decision making process or anytime during your pre-departure preparation to get a student perspective.
- Jenna G, Spring 2018, Art History major, internship with Residencia de Estudiantes
- Michael M, Spring 2018, Supply Chain and Operations Management major, Retail Merchandising minor
- Allison L, Spring 2018, Management Information Systems major, International Business and Business Analytics minor, internship with Colegio Gaudi
- Eileen R, Spring 2018, Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences major, Spanish, Neuroscience, and Leadership minors, internship with Colegio Gaudi
- Chloe J, Summer 2018, Elementary Education major, internship with Rumiñahui (NGO)