Contact one of our Program Assitants to gain a peer's perspective:
Kenneth Niemeyer is a Program Assistant for the Study & Intern in Madrid program. He is a junior with a Global Studies major and an Urban Studies minor. He was a participant on the program in Fall of 2016. While abroad, he interned at Fundación Esperanza y Alegría where he assisted with the administrative side of conducting social welfare projects in developing countries. His favorite part of Madrid was exploring the many bustling streets around Puerta del Sol, the central square of the city. His advice for future students: "Take advantage of Madrid's incredible transit system to fully experience the diversity of the city and find your own favorite place."
Below is a list of other students who participated in past program sessions. They are ready and willing to answer your questions about this program. Feel free to contact them during your decision making process or anytime during your pre-departure preparation to get a student perspective.
- Leif van Lierop - Bioproducts and Biosystems Engineering, Spring 2016, homestay, internship, courses at Carlos III
- Sydney Dejongh - Supply Chain & Operations Management, Spring 2016, homestay, internship
- Thomas Brynildson - Human Resources and Industrial Relations, Summer 2016, homestay, internship
- Jerrius Jubran - Neuroscience & Philosophy, Summer 2016, internship
- Nina Littman - Nutrition, Fall 2016, homestay, internship
- Jude Sauve - Mechanical Engineering, Fall 2016, homestay, courses at Carlos III