Luke Diamond is a BFA Acting student who recently changed majors to Journalism. He participated on the Fall 2016 Study and Intern in London program as part of the University of Minnesota/Guthrie Theater BFA Actor Training Program a was able to act in a production at The Globe Theater. His favorite thing about London was how accessible the arts were. He saw Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart onstage for five pounds! His number one piece of advice for future students is to read Timeout London. It's a free magazine that lists every event, restaurant, and experience worth exploring that week in the city.
Below is a list of additional students who participated in past program sessions. They are ready and willing to answer your questions about this program. Feel free to contact them during your decision-making process or anytime during your pre-departure preparation to get a student perspective.
- Kelsey K - Journalism and English major, Spring 2016 internship with Nursing Times
- Jane K - Human Resources Development major, Spring 2016 internship with InterContinental London Park Lane
- Madison S - Marketing and Finance major, Spring 2016 internship with Prettly
- Hanna M - Accounting major, Spring 2016 internship with Believe You Can Make a Difference
- Ellie R - Journalism major, Spring 2016, no internship
- Lauren F - Strategic Communication, Spring 2016, no internship
- Bethany N - History major, Spring 2016 internship with The Foundling Museum
- Caitlin N - Journalism major, Summer I 2016 internship with Coffee & Company/Meemee TV