Be aware: All programs require a $50 application fee. This fee will be charged to your student account upon submission of an online application.
It is your responsibility to first submit the following application materials to the Department of Economics at the University of Minnesota:
- Complete academic transcript showing all college-level coursework. Unofficial copies are also acceptable.
- A 500–700 word application essay describing your academic and career goals, interest in Economics, and plans and objectives for the year abroad. This should be typed, legible, and written in clear, grammatically correct English.
- One academic recommendation (Original letter required, must be from an Economics instructor). Can be emailed directly to Simran Sahi.
- One-page résumé. Include your current mailing address and email address.
To complete the online application for this program, you will need to select or provide the following information on the online application:
|Education abroad center location||Univ of Minnesota, Twin Cities|
|Center name||TC Learning Abroad Ctr|
|Education abroad term||Academic Year 2018-19|
|Program Name||Economics Exchange in Italy|
|Track Name||Economics Exchange in Italy|
*Note: If the specific track and term of the program you wish to apply to cannot be found within the application system, select “Program Not Found” on the application, and enter your specific application information in the fields given to request an application. Our staff will review your application and update your program, track, and term information.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an email notification confirming that your application was received. A Learning Abroad Center representative will review your submission. Once you have been accepted to your host institution, you will be assigned a confirmation checklist, which will include the following items:
- Confirmation and Payment Agreement
- Health Information Form
- University of Minnesota Release and Waiver
- Academic Planning Form (optional)
- Power of Attorney (optional)
Detailed descriptions and instructions for submitting each checklist item are included on the confirmation checklist assigned to you. You should also continue working with the UofM Department of Economics and your host institution for pre-departure considerations.