Be aware: All programs require a $50 application fee. This fee will be charged to your student account upon submission of an online application.
It is your responsibility to first submit the following application materials to Rachel Drake in the Department of English at the University of Minnesota:
- Complete academic transcript showing all college-level coursework. Unofficial copies are also acceptable.
- A 500-700 word application essay describing your academic and career goals and your plans and objectives for the semester or year abroad. This should be typed, legible, and grammatically correct.
- Name of an instructor in the Department of English who can serve as an academic reference for you. Names of Faculty Members and Lecturers are preferred, but names of Graduate Student Instructors are also accepted.
- One-page résumé. Please include your current mailing address and email address.
To complete the online application for this program, you will need to select or provide the following information on the online application:
|Education Abroad Center Location:||Univ of Minnesota, Twin Cities|
|Center Name:||TC Learning Abroad Ctr|
|Education Abroad Term:||See Snapshot page for terms available|
|Program Name:||CLA Departmental Exchange in the UK|
|Track Name:||CLA Departmental Exchange in the UK|
*Note: If the specific track and term of the program you wish to apply to cannot be found within the application system, select “Program Not Found” on the application, and enter your specific application information in the fields given to request an application. Our staff will review your application and update your program, track, and term information.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an email notification confirming that your application was received. A Learning Abroad Center representative will review your submission. Once you have been accepted to your host institution, you will be assigned a confirmation checklist, which will include the following items:
- Confirmation and Payment Agreement
- Health Information Form
- University of Minnesota Release and Waiver
- Academic Planning Form (optional)
- Power of Attorney (optional)
Detailed descriptions and instructions for submitting each checklist item are included on the confirmation checklist assigned to you. You should also continue working with the Institute for Global Studies and your host institution for pre-departure considerations.
- Log into the online application to review the confirmation checklist and submit the required items.
- Once all items have been submitted, your participation will be confirmed and your student account will be billed for the program deposit.
- If you decide not to continue with the application process, log into the online application and submit a Cancel Request. You must also notify the Department of English of your cancellation.