About University Study in New Zealand: Victoria University of Wellington
Wellington is the political and cultural capital of New Zealand. As the seat of New Zealand's government, political science students will find it a unique place to study. There are countless opportunities to experience New Zealand's culture: Wellington offers a multitude of cafés, galleries, museums, theatres, cinemas, sporting events, and festivals.Take advantage of all this vibrant capital city and university have to offer.
Go to the At a Glance Comparison page to learn some quick facts about the Learning Abroad Center's other University Study in New Zealand programs.
Housing & Meals
Choose between on- or off-campus accommodations. A meal plan is available with on-campus accommodation. The university's accommodation service is dedicated to placing Kiwi students with international students to maximize your integration into Kiwi society.
Victoria International staff arrange a wide variety of social activities, including horse races, bowling nights, mountain biking, barbecues, quiz nights, movie nights and ski trips.
You also have the opportunity to participate in a conservation volunteer weekend at some point during their studies. This opportunity to participate in a project and learn about the New Zealand environment is a highlight of the program.
Students studying at the Victoria University of Wellington will:
- augment their cross-cultural understanding through interaction with New Zealand and international students and community members;
- experience New Zealand and international perspectives on academic disciplines through direct enrollment at the New Zealand host university;
- and enhance their intentionality through independent, though supported, living and learning opportunities.
Faculty & Staff
Victoria University of Wellington has staff available to provide orientation, on-site support and advising to help you adjust to a new educational system and integrate into campus life.
About the Learning Abroad Center
Learning Abroad Center programs are:
- Affordable: our programs are cost effective.
- Academically strong: many programs have strong University of Minnesota departmental support and offer pre-approved courses for many majors.
- Culturally rich: regardless of the program you choose, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Expertly managed: our staff in Minnesota and abroad are trained professionals and are always available to answer your questions from extensive pre-departure advising and online orientations to reentry programming. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and we work hard to ensure you have a rewarding and safe experience abroad.