|Program Type||This program is a university study program, allowing you to directly enroll in a foreign university and take classes with host country students|
|Program Level||Lower- and upper-division classes are available|
|Courseload||14-16 credits per semester|
Popular course clusters lists classes in popular subjects, including classes specific to New Zealand, and classes consistently popular with visiting students.
You receive resident credit for the courses you take. Your grades factor into your University of Minnesota GPA and each course appears on your transcript with an A/F grade. Consult the Learning Abroad Center's Academic Policies page for more information.
Major Advising Pages
The University of Auckland offers coursework, and has been identified as a strong curricular match, for the following UofM degree programs,
- American Studies
- Art History
- Biological Sciences Coursework for CBS Students
- Biology, Society & Environment
- College of Science & Engineering (all majors)
- Classical & Near Eastern Studies
- Cultural Studies & Comparative Literature and Studies in Cinema & Media Culture
- Environmental Sciences, Policy & Management
- Housing Studies
- Religious Studies
- Urban Studies
- Youth Studies
- Honors Students
- Medicine, Public Health & Health Sciences
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional 1-credit online course that helps you process your overseas experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. The course assists you in marketing your study abroad experience for future goals, making you stand out from your peers upon return.
Benefits of Global Identity
- Gain practice marketing your international experience to future employers or graduate and professional schools, giving you a professional edge.
- Receive individualized feedback and mentoring to promote enhanced understanding of your experiences abroad.
- Maximize the return on your study abroad investment by learning how to use your experience to stand out from other students.
- Understand the value of the intercultural skill-set you acquire overseas, and how to use it upon return.
No Additional Cost
Because integrated-study programs like University Study programs provide less on-site support than other study abroad program models, Global Identity is offered at no additional cost (regular $200 tuition is waived for students on this program). Global Identity gives you the opportunity to work individually with a trained cultural mentor, helping you understand and articulate the skills you’re developing during your time abroad. Registration instructions will be emailed out via the Learning Abroad Center, or you can contact Ryan McCarthy for additional information.