About University Study in New Zealand: University of Auckland
Auckland, known as the "City of Sails," is New Zealand's most populated city with about 1.4 million people, which represents about a third of the country's population. The city offers a multicultural flair, natural beauty, a perfect setting for watersports and tons of cultural events.
Study at the University of Auckland, a large, diverse and urban university with a reputation for excellence in the sciences, engineering and research.
Go to the At a Glance Comparison page to learn some quick facts about the Learning Abroad Center's other University Study in New Zealand programs.
Housing & Meals
On-campus housing is guaranteed for all students who apply by the posted deadlines. Housing is available in residence halls, university apartments, and student flats.
The University organizes a series of interesting activities, including ski trips, Maori cultural activities and sport days. In addition, there are over 100 student clubs for you to join.
You also have the opportunity to participate in a conservation volunteer weekend at some point during your studies. This opportunity to participate in a project and learn about the New Zealand environment is a highlight of the program.
Students studying at the University of Auckland will:
- augment their cross-cultural understanding through interaction with New Zealand and international students and community members;
- experience New Zealand and international perspectives on academic disciplines through direct enrollment at the New Zealand host university;
- and enhance their intentionality through independent, though supported, living and learning opportunities.
Faculty & Staff
The University of Auckland has staff available to provide orientation, on-site support and advising to help you adjust to a new educational system and integrate into campus life.
About the Learning Abroad Center
Learning Abroad Center programs are:
- Affordable: our programs are cost effective.
- Academically strong: many programs have strong University of Minnesota departmental support and offer pre-approved courses for many majors.
- Culturally rich: regardless of the program you choose, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Expertly managed: our staff in Minnesota and abroad are trained professionals and are always available to answer your questions from extensive pre-departure advising and online orientations to reentry programming. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and we work hard to ensure you have a rewarding and safe experience abroad.