About University Study in South Korea
With a centuries-old heritage and cutting-edge technology, Seoul is a city of contrasts in which the old and new exist in harmony. The bustling city of 10 million residents is surrounded by tranquil mountains, and the peaceful seaside is less than an hour away from the buzz of city life.
Korea University (KU) is home to 37,000 students, with a 25% international student population. Living on campus, you will have the opportunity to learn and share culture with students from around the globe. Over 40% of classes at KU are taught in English, and with more than 24 colleges and divisions, classes are available in almost any academic field.
The International Summer Campus (ISC) annually attracts more than 1,600 students from all over the world, offering over 110 classes taught in English and internship placements at top Korean companies and organizations.
Housing & Meals
Korea University offers on-campus housing in one of two residential facilities, where you will live and learn alongside students from Korea and all over the world. KU can also assist those wishing to live off campus in apartments near the university.
As a student in full-standing at KU, you will have access to hundreds of clubs and societies for students with various hobbies and interests. The KU International Office organizes a Buddy Program to introduce you to locals, as well as various social events through the semester and summer, such as taekwondon classes, Korean cooking, and traditional music.
Students studying at Korea University will:
- augment their cross-cultural understanding through interaction with Korean and international students and community members;
- gain appreciation of the academic culture of Korea and differences between the Korean and US educational systems through direct enrollment;
- gain awareness and appreciation of Korean culture through dorm-style placements with Korean students, as well as access to a wide range of student organizations and clubs;
- become more self-reliant through the experience of obtaining enrollment, housing, catering, and transportation independently;
- become more effective at navigating differences by spending four to ten months of full integration in a foreign academic, cultural, and political climate;
- and experience Korean and international perspectives on academic disciplines through direct enrollment at a local host university.
Faculty & Staff
Faculty at KU come from all over the world, and are leaders in their fields. As one of the top-ranked universities in Asia, KU has a reputation for academic strength and excellence.
About the Learning Abroad Center
Learning Abroad Center programs are:
- Affordable: our programs are cost effective.
- Academically strong: many programs have strong University of Minnesota departmental support and offer pre-approved courses for many majors.
- Culturally rich: regardless of the program you choose, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Expertly managed: our staff in Minnesota and abroad are trained professionals and are always available to answer your questions from extensive pre-departure advising and online orientations to reentry programming. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and we work hard to ensure you have a rewarding and safe experience abroad.