About University Study in Australia: Queensland University of Technology
Australia's varied landscape, cultural diversity, and rich history offer something for everyone. If you are looking for beach or desert, bustling cities or quaint towns, Australia has it. With a population of just over 2 million people, and with 25% of Brisbane residents born overseas, Brisbane is seen as Australia's new world city.
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a dynamic university that offers study abroad students creative, multi-disciplinary approaches to social sciences, humanities and performing arts in addition to highly innovative technology courses. If you are majoring in media, creative design, fashion, business, education, enhineering, or I.T., then QUT might just be the perfect place for you!
Go to the At a Glance Comparison page to learn some quick facts about the Learning Abroad Center's other University Study in Australia programs.
Housing & Meals
Please see Arcadia's QUT website for information on accommodation options.
The International Student Centre staff organize excursions during orientation week.
- Augment cross-cultural understanding through interaction with Australian and international students and community members
- Experience Australian and international perspectives on academic disciplines through direct enrollment at the Australian host university
- Enhance intentionality through independent, though supported, living and learning opportunities.
Faculty & Staff
QUT has staff available to provide orientation, on-site support, and advising to help you adjust to a new educational system and integrate into campus life.
About the Learning Abroad Center
Learning Abroad Center programs are:
- Affordable: our programs are cost effective.
- Academically strong: many programs have strong University of Minnesota departmental support and offer pre-approved courses for many majors.
- Culturally rich: regardless of the program you choose, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Expertly managed: our staff in Minnesota and abroad are trained professionals and are always available to answer your questions from extensive pre-departure advising and online orientations to reentry programming. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and we work hard to ensure you have a rewarding and safe experience abroad.