|Program Type||This program is a university study program, which allows you to enroll directly at a foreign university and take classes with host-country students.|
|Program Level||Lower- and upper-division classes are available.|
|Courseload||Full-time enrollment on this program is 14–16 UofM credits.|
You receive resident credit for the courses you take. Your grades factor into your University of Minnesota GPA and each course appears on your transcript with an A/F grade. Consult the Learning Abroad Center's Academic Policies page for more information.
Other academic information, as well as program dates, housing options, special classes, etc., can be found at Melbourne's main study abroad page.
Major Advising Pages
The University of Melbourne offers coursework, and has been identified as a strong curricular match, for the following UMN degree programs,
- American Studies
- Animal Science
- Applied Economics
- Art History
- Biological Sciences
- Bioproducts Marketing & Management
- Business & Marketing Education
- Child Psychology
- Classical & Near Eastern Studies
- College of Science & Engineering (all majors)
- Construction Management
- Cultural Studies & Comparative Literature and Studies in Cinema & Media Culture
- Early Childhood Education Foundations
- Ecology, Evolution, & Behavior
- Environmental Sciences, Policy & Management
- Fisheries & Wildlife
- Housing Studies
- Human Resource Development
- Journalism, Mass Communication & Strategic Communication
- Landscape Design & Planning
- Plant Science
- Retail Merchandising
- Special Education
- Speech, Language, & Hearing Sciences
- Technical Writing & Communication
- Urban Studies
- Youth Studies
- Honors Students
- Medicine, Public Health, & Health Sciences
- Student Athletes
- Sustainability Studies Minor
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional 1-credit online course that helps you process your overseas experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. The course assists you in marketing your study abroad experience for future goals, making you stand out from your peers upon return.
Benefits of Global Identity
- Gain practice marketing your international experience to future employers or graduate and professional schools, giving you a professional edge.
- Receive individualized feedback and mentoring to promote enhanced understanding of your experiences abroad.
- Maximize the return on your study abroad investment by learning how to use your experience to stand out from other students.
- Understand the value of the intercultural skill-set you acquire overseas, and how to use it upon return.
No Additional Cost
Because integrated-study programs like University Study programs provide less on-site support than other study abroad program models, Global Identity is offered at no additional cost (regular $200 tuition is waived for students on this program). Global Identity gives you the opportunity to work individually with a trained cultural mentor, helping you understand and articulate the skills you’re developing during your time abroad. Registration instructions will be emailed out via the Learning Abroad Center, or you can contact Ryan McCarthy for additional information.