Complete pre-application advising.
Be aware: All programs require a $50 application fee. This fee will be charged to your student account upon submission of an online application.
Know the following program information, which you will provide on the online application:
|Education Abroad Center Location||University of Minnesota, Twin Cities|
|Center Name||TC Learning Abroad Ctr|
|Education Abroad Term||Academic Year (Tianjin)
Academic Year or Calendar Year (Beijing)
|Track Name||Chinese Flagship in Nanjing or
Chinese Flagship in Beijing
|Program Name||AC China Flagship Capstone Year|
Only students who have been selected by the Asian Languages and Literatures department for the Chinese Flagship program may apply to this program.
Once you submit your application, you will receive an email notification confirming that your application was received. Submitted applications are assigned an application checklist, that asks you to:
- Meet with Claudia Hasegawa to verify your eligibility and discuss the application process
- Begin an application directly with American Councils (AC)
Submit directly to American Councils (AC):
- AC Overseas Chinese Flagship online application (select either the Nanjing or Beijing application)
- Any supporting materials requested by AC
Note: This is a Learning Abroad Center program that is offered in partnership with American Councils (AC). You will complete application materials for both the Learning Abroad Center (LAC) and AC. Detailed descriptions and instructions for submitting each checklist item are included on the LAC application checklist assigned to you, which you may access by logging in to the LAC application web portal (Manage Your Checklist and Profile). For details about the AC application materials, consult AC's application website.
The AC China Flagship Capstone Program, based at Nanjing University or Beijing Union University, is a closed application program and only open to Chinese Flagship students. Consult the University of Minnesota's Chinese Flagship program website for more details on eligibility. The University of MInnesota's department of Asian Languages & Literatures (ALL) works directly with advising students about the application process for this program. Contact our campus Chinese Flagship adviser Claudia Hasegawa for more details about the program, the application process, and how it can fulfill the Chinese Flagship Capstone Requirement.
- Upon submitting the LAC online application, you will receive an automated email message from the Learning Abroad Center indicating your application was received.
- Follow the instructions on your application checklist to submit/complete all of the items.
- Complete AC’s application requirements as applicable.
- The Learning Abroad Center will nominate you after you have completed the LAC online application and we have verified your eligibility for this program.
- AC will notify you directly of an acceptance decision via email. If accepted, you will be assigned a confirmation checklist requiring additional documents to be submitted to the Learning Abroad Center in order to secure your place in the program. Log in to your LAC web application portal (under Manage Your Checklist and Profile) to review the confirmation checklist and submit the required items. Note this is in addition to any confirmation materials that AC will require of you. Do not pay any fees or deposits to AC.
- If you decide not to continue with the application process, log in to your LAC application portal and submit a Cancel Request. You must also notify your affiliate (AC) of your cancellation.