About Exchange in Ecuador
This program provides students with the opportunity to study at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito. This exchange is characterized by profound cultural integration, as participants live with a host family and take all coursework at USFQ entirely in Spanish.
The Ecuador Past Participant Final Report is an excellent resource for learning more about this exchange.
Housing & Meals
Housing is arranged with a local host family, though the student will pay for accommodations.
- Develop a stronger sense of confidence by engaging in a highly independent study abroad program and foster second language acquisition whenever possible
- Learn to appreciate diverse worldviews, accept complexity, and embrace ambiguity; added benefit of reciprocity to foster mutual respect and understanding
- Experience a new culturally specific academic system and incorporate different academic perspectives
- Identify and communicate how your experience abroad has impacted you personally, academically, and professionally
Faculty & Staff
Instruction is in Spanish by Ecuadorian faculty at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito.
About the Learning Abroad Center
Learning Abroad Center programs are:
- Affordable: our programs are cost effective.
- Academically strong: many programs have strong University of Minnesota departmental support and offer pre-approved courses for many majors.
- Culturally rich: regardless of the program you choose, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture.
- Expertly managed: our staff in Minnesota and abroad are trained professionals and are always available to answer your questions from extensive pre-departure advising and online orientations to reentry programming. Your safety and well-being are paramount, and we work hard to ensure you have a rewarding and safe experience abroad.