University of Minnesota participants pay the program fee instead of on-campus tuition and fees for the term they are abroad.
Fall 2018 & Academic Year 2018-19
The Total Program Fee reflects the host university’s international tuition rate converted into US dollars, plus the Learning Abroad Center’s APAAC ($925 / $1925 one semester / $2925 for Academic Year) and required UMN international health insurance.
NOTE: Students taking departmental classes at Hebrew U (not through the Rothberg International School), are subject to additional housing charges due to the longer academic calendar at Hebrew U compared to Rothberg.
If you do not see a budget estimate for the term you intend to go abroad, the fee has not yet been finalized. We strive to post fees for this program at least 30 days prior to the application deadline. The Learning Abroad Center will delay the posting of some fees until enrollments, inflation, and exchange rates are determined. Note the average increase in fees will be 3–10%. Program fees are based on estimates and may change depending on international economic factors.
Israel Specific Scholarship Opportunities
Diversity Abroad Israel Scholarship - Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Diversity Abroad award 5 $7,500 scholarships for semester study abroad students to apply towards their studies at Hebrew University.
MASA Israel Grant and Scholarship - MASA Israel Journey offers scholarships specifically for Jewish students studying in Israel.
A non-refundable deposit is due upon acceptance into the program and is applied toward the program fee. You will receive email notification from the Learning Abroad Center that the balance of the program fees have been billed to your student finance account approximately 1 month before the University of Minnesota term begins (August for fall semester and academic year; December for winter break and spring semester; and May for May session and summer session). You will receive official notification of billing and payment due dates from the Office of Student Finance (OSF) via your University of Minnesota email account. All payments are made to the OSF.
Note that the University of Minnesota requires all non-degree students, including students from other institutions who are participating in a University of Minnesota study abroad program, to pay their University of Minnesota study abroad charges in full no later than the first billing due date for the term. Payment must be received, not postmarked (if sent by mail), by the first billing due date, or you will be cancelled from the study abroad program, will not receive credit, and cannot be re-enrolled in the program.
For further details on your financial responsibilities, see the Learning Abroad Center's Cancellation Policy.
Billing & Payments
- Upon submission of your Confirmation and Payment Agreement Form, the Learning Abroad Center will charge you a $400 non-refundable deposit, which is due shortly after it posts to your University of Minnesota student billing account.
- You will receive an official e-bill notification via your University of Minnesota email account.
- The deposit due date is noted on your e-bill and is due prior to the release of financial aid.
- The remainder of your program fee will be billed to your University student billing account and is payable via the same method and due dates as regular University of Minnesota tuition.
- Visit One Stop for information on payment methods and due dates.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad. Note that May and Summer Session students must enroll in at least 6 credits to maintain minimal eligibility for financial aid.
- University of Minnesota students are eligible for $1.5 million in study abroad scholarships. Visit Financial Information for information on using financial aid and scholarships for study abroad.
- Attend our You CAN Afford to Study Abroad and scholarship info sessions (offered twice each semester). Check Learning Abroad Center News & Events for upcoming session times and locations.
Bridging Loan is a no-interest/no-fees loan that funds the upfront deposit and flights costs.
Before you apply to or confirm your participation on this program, review the Learning Abroad Center's Cancellation Policy to inform yourself of the timeline and financial obligations for canceling.