|Program Type||This program is a university study program, which allows you to take classes with international students and some direct-enroll courses with host country students. Instruction is in English and Hebrew by University of Haifa faculty.|
|Program Level||Various levels|
|Courseload||15–16 credits per semester and 30–32 credits for the academic year|
Students are required to maintain a minimum enrollment of 13 credits per semester or maintain the minimum program credit enrollment determined by their study abroad program, whichever is greater.
15–16 credits per semester and 30–32 credits for the academic year. Credit amounts vary for the summer session.
Fact Sheet: Contains basic program information, as well as internship and volunteer placements, and social activities offered.
The University of Haifa's International School offers a variety of courses taught in English as well as Hebrew and Arabic language courses. For a complete list of disciplines, see the International School's Academic Programs. To check the availability of a course being offered for a specific term, view the course catalog. Coursework falls into the following categories:
- International School content courses (taught in English, variety of subjects available for international students)
- Hebrew and Arabic language courses at the International School
- University of Haifa Department of English Language & Literature (taught in English, integrated courses with Israeli students)
- Other departments at University of Haifa (integrated courses, Hebrew language proficiency usually required)
The International School also offers the following special academic Study Tracks:
- Honors Program in Peace & Conflict Studies
- Honors Program in Psychology
Credit-based internships and non-credit volunteer opportunities are also available.
STEM students, particularly engineering students, have the opportunity to take up to two classes at Technion Israel Institute of Technology, through a special partnership between the University of Haifa and Technion. This option is only available during the Spring semester, and participants should note the Spring term at Technion runs until early July.
Major Advising Pages
The University of Haifa offers coursework, and has been identified as a strong curricular match, for the following UofM degree programs:
- Asian Languages & Literatures: Arabic Language & Culture concentration
- Classical & Near Eastern Studies
- College of Science & Engineering (all majors)
- Communication Studies
- Global Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Honors Students
- Community Engagement Scholars Program
Global Identity: Connecting Your International Experience with Your Future is an optional 1-credit online course that helps you process your overseas experience and apply what you've learned upon your return. The course assists you in marketing your study abroad experience for future goals, making you stand out from your peers upon return.
Benefits of Global Identity
- Gain practice marketing your international experience to future employers or graduate and professional schools, giving you a professional edge.
- Receive individualized feedback and mentoring to promote enhanced understanding of your experiences abroad.
- Maximize the return on your study abroad investment by learning how to use your experience to stand out from other students.
- Understand the value of the intercultural skill-set you acquire overseas, and how to use it upon return.
No Additional Cost
Because integrated-study programs like University Study programs provide less on-site support than other study abroad program models, Global Identity is offered at no additional cost (regular $200 tuition is waived for students on this program). Global Identity gives you the opportunity to work individually with a trained cultural mentor, helping you understand and articulate the skills you’re developing during your time abroad. Registration instructions will be sent by email by the Learning Abroad Center, or you can contact Erica Qualheim (email@example.com) for additional information.