Working with the Learning Abroad Center
The Learning Abroad Center has been sending thousands of students from a diverse range of over 300 institutions on our programs for over 30 years. Students participating on our programs benefit from the academic and innovative programming excellence that has made our office a national leader in the field of education abroad.
In affiliating with the Learning Abroad Center, academic institutions find:
- Programs developed to meet the needs of students from a world-renowned research institution. All programs are developed to meet the needs colleges, departments and students expecting the highest of academic standards. With 25 departments ranked in the top 10 in the US, our programs reflect and maintain the same commitment to academic standards as our on campus programs.
- Programs designed to include students from over 200 majors. As part of our ongoing work in Curriculum Integration, programs are constantly assessed and courses developed to ensure that study will contribute to and enhance the student's undergraduate plan and experience.
- Programs supported by professional staff. Our experienced staff work hard to make study abroad a realistic possibility for students from the broadest possible range of backgrounds.
Open Enrollment Catalog
View a PDF of our Open Enrollment Catalog
Order Learning Abroad Center catalogs, brochures, flyers and other materials.
Services from the Learning Abroad Center
Academic institutions working with our office are provided with the following services
- Extensive program support
- Advising in program selection
- Application support and information
- Assistance with course selection and academic planning
- Inclusive fee and budget information
- Guaranteed housing
- Mandatory health insurance coverage
- Visa assistance
- Extensive pre-departure advising
- Orientation information and/or participation (on-campus or online)
- An official University of Minnesota transcript upon completion of coursework
- Curricular information developed to assist in course approval and academic planning
- Prioritized marketing support including published materials and campus visits
- Support in providing updated web information and links
- Partner updates including changes or improvements in program processes, updated fees as available, handbooks, program materials, policy changes and new courses or options
- Opportunities to participate in site visits or reviews
For general questions about affiliations contact the Institutional Relations Team.
International educators with specific questions about the programs listed above are encouraged to contact programming staff.
View the Institutional Affiliation Agreement (pdf).
If you are interested in exploring a formal affiliation with the Learning Abroad Center, contact BJ Titus for more information.
Health and Safety
The Learning Abroad Center is committed to the highest level of safety for all students participating in our programs. We work with the General Counsel of the University of Minnesota to ensure the consistent quality and excellence of all of our programs.
View the Learning Abroad Center's COVID-19 Social Distancing Plan.
Programs Open to Non-University of Minnesota Students
The following programs are open to any non-University of Minnesota student:
Africa & the Middle East
The Learning Abroad Center offers an 'a la carte' option when it comes to billing your students. Universities can decide from the list below whether you want this portion of the program fee to be charged to either the home campus or directly to the student.