Choosing a Program
There is no one way to choose a program. Different factors will take priority depending on who you are and what sort of goals you have. Recognize that there is no perfect program for you somewhere out there. There will likely be several programs that fit most of your criteria, but perhaps not one program that meets all of them.
In selecting your program, give careful attention not only to such factors as location, length or language of instruction, but also to the type of academic experience the program will provide.
All Learning Abroad Center programs are specifically designed to ensure that participants will:
- expand their knowledge through multiple academic perspectives
- gain awareness and appreciation of their host cultures and deepen awareness of their own culture
- identify and communicate the impact of their experience abroad personally, academically, and professionally
- become more self-reliant and self-aware
- navigate differences more effectively
Review the Program Types and Definitions section for more information.