Study and Internships in Sydney
About Study and Internships in Sydney
Set on Port Jackson, Sydney is Australia's largest city with a
population of over 4 million people. Originally established as a
British colony and now Australia's premier city, Sydney boasts dazzling
harbors, beaches, a multicultural population and a host of restaurants
and attractions. The extensive public transportation system of ferries,
buses and trains let you see and experience it all.
The Study and Internships in Sydney program offers courses that deepen your understanding of Australian culture. The strength of the program is the internship experience, which allows you to integrate with Australians, experience the culture first-hand and gain professional work experience.
Faculty & Staff
CAPA International Education provides on-site support, student housing, program classrooms and study areas. CAPA also arranges the on-site orientation and program excursion, as well as social and cultural events.
Housing & Meals
Students may choose between two housing options:
- Housing in a homestay with an Australian family. Breakfast and dinner are included in the program fee.
- Apartment housing in Meriton Waterloo. Five-star serviced apartment complex in the Moore Park/Waterloo precinct of Sydney. Four students per apartment with two twin bedrooms and two bathrooms per apartment. Students receive a weekly food stipend of approximately 46 AUD (approximately $40) which is included in the program fee.
- Deepen cross-cultural understanding through interaction with local community via internships and service-learning
- Increase independence and self-reliance through learning to successfully navigate Australian society
- Gain Australian and international perspective on academic disciplines
- Develop awareness of and challenge assumptions about Australian culture, their own culture, and how their own culture is viewed by others
- Gain knowledge and insight into a professional career through internships and service-learning
Excursions & Social Activities
A full-day excursion to the Blue Mountains is included in the program fee. Located about an hour west of Sydney, the Blue Mountain region is rich in history.
Starting in fall 2013, students will also participate on a full-day excursion to Australia Walkabout Park which is included in the program fee.